Student Resources


1232 Campbell Hall

(310) 206-1551 |

AAP is a College counseling unit that while providing the same counseling resources as CAC, is specifically devoted to student diversity. Many students in AAP come from high-need families, are in the first in their families to go to college, are recent immigrants, or come from  historically underrepresented  populations at the university.

List of academic counselors from different departments.

1147 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-3101 |

The admissions office processes all transcripts and transferable coursework from other institutions.


ASK Peer Counselors are fellow UCLA undergraduates who can offer a unique peer perspective based on shared experiences. They bridge the gap between campus life and the UCLA College office in Murphy and are trained to help with rules & regulations, deadlines, referrals, petitions and more.

A-316 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-3382 | email:

The CAC is a large resource for undergraduate students seeking academic counseling and information on just about everything including but not limited to degree planning and requirements, petitions, GE courses, transferring credit, studying abroad, graduation, and academic difficulty.

A resource for students covering intellectual property, file sharing programs, citing and documenting sources, managing time, and academic dishonesty and resources to help you avoid it.

A-311 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-1553 | email:

Honors Programs is a College counseling unit that students may apply to join as a new or continuing student. The mission of Honors Programs is to provide an exceptional educational experience to a diverse group of high-achieving students in an environment that nurtures the growth of the whole student, academically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually.

1206 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-3871 | email:

The Office of the Dean of Students is involved with 1st amendment rights, academic integrity,  & discrimination.

A255 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-1501 |

The OSD’s services are designed to meet the unique educational needs of regularly enrolled students with documented permanent and temporary disabilities including any person who has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities, such as performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, and learning.

1113 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-1091 |

The registrar’s office deals with graduation, diplomas, registration, enrollment, residence, transcripts, schedule of classes, general catalog, course descriptions, fees, forms, deadlines, FAQ

1331 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-4101 |

Provides summer session registration, enrollment, fees, payment, grades, transcriptions, online courses, summer institutes, and travel study.

UCLA in general does not offer free tutoring for students, but different departments offer tutoring services, although they may not be free.

A-334 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-2935 |

The Undergraduate Research Center – Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences serves students and faculty in humanities, arts, social science, and behavioral science disciplines. Our primary mission is to promote, develop, and celebrate undergraduate student research with the overall goal of enhancing undergraduate education and preparing students for careers in all areas.

2121 Life Sciences

(310) 794-4227 |

The Undergraduate Research Center – Sciences serves students and faculty in all areas of life and physical sciences, engineering and mathematics. Our primary mission is to promote, develop and celebrate undergraduate student research with the overall goal of enhancing undergraduate education and preparing students, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds, for academic and research careers.

10995 Le Conte Ave

(310) 825-9971 |

UCLA Extension sponsors a wide range of programs designed to offer members of the community opportunities for educational, cultural, civic, and personal enrichment.  For more information on extension credit:

A61 Humanities, Rieber Hall 115, or Powell Library 228

(310) 206-1320 | email:

As part of UCLA Writing Programs, the Undergraduate Student Writing Center’s mission is to enrich the education of undergraduate students in all disciplines through individualized consultations on writing. The Center provides individual help on writing assignments and also general writing assistance.

Healthy & Safety

601 Westwood Plaza

Emergency  911 or (310) 825-1491 (24 hour access)

General Information  (310) 825-1491

Crime Prevention  (310) 825-6111

(310) 825-4073

The Arthur Ashe Student Health and Wellness Center’s comprehensive services include Primary Care, Women’s Health, Immunizations, Travel Medicine, Physical and Occupational Therapy, Specialty Clinics, Optometry, and Acupuncture and Massage. Urgent Care is available during business hours. After hours, students can access a 24/7 Nurseline for advice and information by phone at (877) 351-3457.

(310) 825-0628

The UCLA Consultation and Response Team is available to students in distress or in crisis, especially when assistance is required from multiple campus departments.

John Wooden Center West

(310) 825-0768 (24 hour access)

CAPS provides individual counseling and psychotherapy, group therapy, couples counseling, emergency intervention, and psychological testing, psychiatric evaluation and treatment, crisis consultation, campus mental health and wellness promotion and more.

601 Westwood Plaza

(310) 825-4774… Escort Service (310) 794-9255

CSO escorts are available free of charge to walk with students, faculty, staff or visitors 365 days a year from dusk until 1 a.m. between campus buildings, local living areas or Westwood. Call 15 minutes before you need to leave.

757 Westwood Plaza

(310) 825-2111

Multiple Locations

Fitness Centers including the John Wooden Center, Sunset Canyon Rec Center, etc.

Computer/Tech Support

(310) 267-4357

Bruin OnLine (BOL) is a collection of services that provides UCLA students, faculty, and staff with: Email, Web Hosting Services, Network Connectivity, Free Software and Support.  In order to have access to BOL services, you must have a UCLA Logon ID. You can create your UCLA Logon ID at

Public Affairs 2035B – 51 Workstations, Public Affairs 2035H – 35 Workstations, Public Affairs 2400A – 48 Workstations, Bunche A258 – 25 Workstations, Bunche 2159 – 10 Workstations, Haines A37 – 20 Workstations.


501 Westwood Plaza, North Entrance, Strathmore Building Second and Third Floors

(310) 206-1915

Help with career counseling, gaining a better understanding of your skills, interests, and personality and learn how to relate to your career possibilities. Increase your knowledge of the job search process, learn how to get an internship, write an effective resume, gain confidence in interviewing skills, learn about applying to graduate or professional school, and learn how to write an effective personal statement.

A-265 Murphy

(310) 825-7867

Provides internships for academic credit.  Supports civic engagement for UCLA undergraduates and faculty through the integration of teaching, research and service alongside community partners.


A-129J Murphy Hall

(310) 206-0400 | email:

The Financial Aid Office will assist you with completing your application for financial aid, determining your level of need and offering financial aid to meet your education expenses.

233 Covel Commons

(310) 206-2875

The Scholarship Resource Center (SRC) provides scholarship information, resources, and support services to all UCLA students, regardless of financial aid eligibility. Although we primarily assist UCLA’s undergraduate students, we offer resources for graduate students as well. All of our services are provided at no charge.

Many UCLA students have been impacted by the current economic crisis and the UCLA Economic Crisis Response (ECR) Team wants to assist you in staying in school. If you are in financial distress please email It is important that you email us directly, so that the ECR Team can take a comprehensive approach to your situation and can help you determine as many options as possible.

International/Study Abroad

106 Bradley Hall

(310) 825-1681

The Dashew Center enhances the UCLA experience for international students and scholars with multicultural programs and services. They assist UCLA academic departments and international students with visa services and serve as a resource and learning center for the entire UCLA community to promote global connection, international understanding and cultural sensitivity.

1332 Murphy Hall

(310) 825-4995

For programs including the Education Abroad Program (EAP), Summer Travel Study, International Exchange Program, Global Cities Summer Barcelona Program, Non-UC programs, and International Student Programs.  The IEO offers a complete range of services for students who wish to study abroad and counsels them on academic, cultural, and financial issues. In a similar way, the IEO advisers welcome visiting international students and give them guidance about campus life.

Legal/Mediation Services

501 Westwood Plaza Suite 105

(310) 825-7627 | email:

The Office of Ombuds Services is a place where members of the UCLA community-students, faculty, staff and administrators-can go for assistance in resolving conflicts, disputes or complaints on an informal basis. In order to afford visitors the greatest freedom in using its services, the Office is independent, neutral and confidential.

(310) 825-9894

A239 Murphy Hall

Student Legal Services provides confidential legal counseling and assistance regarding a wide range of legal issues to all currently registered and enrolled UCLA students. We are able to help students with a variety of problems, including Landlord/Tenant Relations, Accident and Injury Problems, Domestic Violence and Harassment, Criminal Matters, etc. There is a $10 fee for the initial one-hour consultation with an experienced attorney.


The Associated Students UCLA is the student-controlled, non-profit organization that provides retail and student union services.  It is a four part organization that includes the Undergraduates Student Association, Graduate Students Association, Student Media (Daily Bruin, UCLA Radio, etc), and Services and Enterprises (Student union, event services, restaurants, UCLA store, etc).  There are also ASUCLA jobs available.

(310) 825-3945

B44 Student Activities Center

The Bruin Resource Center (BRC) provides a variety of resources to students at UCLA and focuses on easing the transition to UCLA, helping students to access needed resources, and supporting students to find their place within the many and diverse social and academic communities of the campus. BRC offers a wide array of academic courses, programs, volunteer opportunities, and internships to help students develop skills and succeed.

UCLA BruinCorps is a community service learning program that consists of two programs, Tutoring and the VISTA Project, each with the goal of providing equal access to educational opportunities to under-resourced communities.

Academic and administrative calendars with important deadlines.

Search for people and departments.

Child care for students with children.

B36 Student Activities Center

(310) 206-3628

The UCLA Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Campus Resource Center provides a comprehensive range of education, information and advocacy services and works to create and maintain an open, safe and inclusive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, transgender, queer, questioning, and same-gender-loving students, faculty, and staff, their families and friends, and the entire campus community.