Belfast; commemoration; security infrastructure, ethics and morality, colonial and postcolonial theory; theories of violence; political anthropology; folklore; phenomenology and philosophical anthropology; Certificate in Experimental Critical Theory
(Forthcoming) McCoy, Matthew. “I will not die on this street: Thinking things over in conflicted Belfast.” Ethos.
(Forthcoming) Duranti, Alessandro and Matthew McCoy. “Language and Creativity, Theoretical Aspects Of: Improvisation.” The International Encyclopedia of Linguistic Anthropology.
(extramural in bold)
- The 2017 Condon Prize for Best Student Essay in Psychological Anthropology, Society for Psychological Anthropology, $500
- Hayman Fellowship, The University of California Interdisciplinary Psychoanalytic Consortium, 2016-2017, $10,000
- Herb York Global Security Fellow, Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation (IGCC), United States Department of Energy 2015-16, $18,000
- Dissertation Research Fellowship, Center for European and Russian Studies (CERS) at UCLA, 2016, $4,100
- Maurice J. & Fay B. Karpf Peace Prize, 2015-2016, $4,000
- Dean’s European Fellowship, UCLA, 2015-2016 $2,500
- Graduate Research Mentorship, UCLA, 2014-15, $20,000
- Graduate Summer Research Mentorship, UCLA, Summer 2014, $6,000
- Graduate Summer Research Mentorship, UCLA, Summer 2013, $6,000
- UC Berkeley Anthropology Fellowship, 2012, $6,00